Okay- so you’re probably thinking: “Sweet potato on a pizza????” OR “Banana on a pizza????” OR “Sweet potatoes and bananas?” Or you might be thinking all three things. Trust me this is delicious.
Remember that show Doug? I remember an episode where there was a cooking contest, someone made pizza, someone made banana pudding, and somehow the pudding ended up on the pizza but it was great. The next time my sister and I ate a pizza we sliced up banana. I remember I LOVED it. But I stopped- I must have rediscovered pineapple and jalapenos.
Anyway, the night I came up with this recipe- Brian and I were trying to decide what to do for dinner. We had kale, sweet potatoes, and bananas. (We also made this pizza with the kale) Brian casually mentioned he had had banana pizza in Sweden and something triggered. Suddenly the idea of sweet potatoes and bananas sounded so good- on pizza. I was hesitant putting the sauce and cheese on, but I figured why not.
The result was in my opinion successful. Hope you enjoy too!
Sweet Potato and Banana Pizza
1 8” pizza crust
1 banana (thinly sliced)
1 sweet potato (shredded)
¾ cup tomato sauce (more or less to your liking)
¼ cup of shredded vegan pepper jack (or more)
1. Preheat oven to 425 or whatever your crust suggests.
2. Put a little oil in a skillet on medium heat.
3. Add the shredded sweet potato and a few shakes of cinnamon. Sauté for a few minutes until it is soft.
4. Spread the sauce over the pizza crust.
5. Transfer the sweet potatoes on top of the sauce.
6. Sprinkle the cheese over the sweet potatoes.
7. Arrange the bananas over everything and sprinkle a little more cinnamon on top.
8. Bake for about 12 minutes, until cheese has melted.
9. Let cool for a few minutes, slice up and enjoy!