Friday, July 22, 2011

Kale Chip Recipe




Tortilla chips are my weakness. Hah, who am I kidding? One of my many weaknesses. But I love the crunchiness and yum. This kale chip recipe is not a replacement for my beloved chips, but it will sometimes make that craving go away. It’s nice to know there are vegetables that can taste enough like junk food to get that craving to go away without leaving you that horrible stomachache later.

My aunt explained this recipe to me a couple months ago, and I always forgot about it. I happened to drop by one day while she was making them and I tried a couple. It was as if a light bulb went off in my head. I understood what she was talking about. These were fabulous!


Kale Chips



A few leafs of green kale
Melted coconut oil
Salt
Pepper

1.              Preheat oven to 400
2.              Tear up the kale into small bite size pieces. Pour a small amount of coconut oil over the kale. Mush up everything in your hands to coat the kale in the oil.
3.              Sprinkle with salt and pepper
4.              Bake for 8-10 minutes for a single layer, or 10-12 for a few layers. Make sure to toss them halfway through cooking if there is a lot of overlapping.
5.              Keep an eye on them for when the edges go brown, but not the whole leaf. ENJOY!

These are very delicate, and very delicious warm. Hope you like them!

I have tried this recipe with black kale- it works but the green kale works much better for this recipe. Anyone else have any simple chip recipes?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment